Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Iron Will of Colonel Nicholson


I have a book of photo stills called "Movies of the 50's;" one of those old discount-section-of-Borders books. I LOVE drawing from old black & white photos. If anything, just for the practice. Since I use ballpoint pen, it's always just a chance to play around with light and shading. This dude is Alec Guinness from "The Bridge on the River Kwai." I don't know him. But it sort of reminds me of that Tom Hanks movie where he was stranded on an island with all of his postal supplies and his volleyball named "Wilson."
UPDATE: I've recently been "served." I don't make connections. Sometimes my brain synapses don't jive, and my ducks don't line up like they're supposed to. I've been humbly made aware of the fact that Alec Guinness is, of course, Obi-Wan. What can I say? This is why I suck at "6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon." I wondered why his face seemed so familiar.

No comments: