Friday, June 29, 2007

Don't Let's Start


This is an oldie but a goodie, probably from around 1998 or '99. Again, I love the old black & white photos. I don't remember who this is, but I have a book on Humphrey Bogart, and a book on Frederic March, so maybe it came from one of those. Usually, I take bits and pieces from various sources and combine them to make my own little scene. A hand here, a face there, a background from somewhere else. That's why I call my site "Mockingbird Ink." Mockingbirds do the same thing with their songs. Anyway, it was done in ballpoint pen with a Payne's Gray acrylic wash, with some acrylic touches. I did a mock-up once of this as a cover for a They Might Be Giants single called "Don't Let's Start." It would've made a great cover! I think maybe recycled paper case, with this on the cover. Yes?

No comments: