Saturday, March 20, 2010

I've Been A Little Distracted.


Whoo, lordy lordy--it HAS been a while. Since I last wrote, I had a bun in the oven. Now, the toaster's popped, and I've got a glorious little happy healthy pop-tart! She's amazing (despite the fact that she hates to sleep). She's almost ten months old, so as you might imagine, I've had my hands sort of, well, full. She's inspired me, however, to do something I haven't done in a while: finish a project. I have this uncanny ability to talk myself out of something before I even start it, mostly out of fear, intimidation, and insecurity. That's not the kind of example I want to set, is it? I think not. So I created a resolution: to complete an ABC book for her by the time she learns her ABCs. Easy enough, right? But with an upcoming move, a baby, and a full-time job, time is very limited. But I'm working on it, and here is my letter A.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

As always, Mica, your artwork never ceases to amaze me. If the rest of your book turns out as fun and beautiful as "A" did, your little "A"ngel will have an awesome learning tool and family heirloom!